Roblox is a fun platform where users accumulate to develop and play games. It is similar to steam, and the only difference is other users develop the game. One of the interesting things about Roblox is the environment is both browser-based and software. In this guide, we solve and fix one of the common error on Roblox; Error Code 277. Stay with us till the end as we will be discussing 5 simple step-by-step ways to fix Roblox Error Code 277.
Also read: [Guide] How to Fix Roblox Error Code 267
What is Roblox Error Code 277?
Roblox is a platform where users can develop and play 3D games, and the developers claim it to be an “Imagination Platform.” Developed and launched in 2007, Roblox witnesses around 64 Million active users. Besides, it is not only a gaming platform; Roblox is an interactive platform for discussion and conversation between gamers. The foundation of Roblox was to develop or create games based on the likes and dislikes of other gamers.
Roblox Error Code 277 occurs on Windows devices, and the most annoying part about it is the developers have not yet released an official patch for it. It is a disconnection error, and there are several reasons for this error to occur. A few of the errors include troubleshooting Wifi connections or poor internet connections. If you have a poor internet connection, we suggest you check these best wifi range extenders and boosters.
“Disconnected” Lost connection to the game server, please reconnect (Error Code:277)Roblox Error Code 277
5 ways to Fix Roblox Error Code 277 [Step-by-Step]
Roblox Error Code 277 occurs mostly for Windows users, and it is possible to solve such errors. I list the possible solutions to fix Error code 277 with tips and suggestions in the following sections. In addition, it is important to follow the step-by-step guide to solve the error completely from your Roblox software.
The most common problems or reasons for this error are corrupted windows files, bugs, and server issues.
Before we proceed ahead, it i recommended you check the following basic solutions –
- Restarting Windows PC
- Clear Temp Cache
- Change internet connection
- Clear browser cookies and cache
- Reinstalling Roblox on your Windows PC
1. Troubleshooting Internet Connection
Roblox is a browser-based program, and having a poor internet connection can cause such errors. One of the common problems with Wifi connections is when the device is connected, but the internet is not working. You can check our guide on Wifi connected internet not working with actionable solutions.
It is equally important to check if the other devices are connected to the Wifi connection, and there is no internet issue. If the other devices are seamlessly using the internet connection, the problem exists with the device. Furthermore, you can also forget the existing device and reconnect to the network.
The advanced steps to fix the internet connection is to check the open ports on the router. Several users suggest checking and adjusting the open ports on the Wifi Router. We will do the same –
- Login to the admin panel of your Wifi Router. If you are using a Netgear router, he is a definitive guide.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section.
- Open the preferred port range and make the following changes,
- Name: Roblox
- Type: UDP
- Start: 49152
- End: 65535
- Enter the computer’s private IP address.
- Save Changes and restart Roblox.
These should fix the Roblox Error Code 277 if it were caused due to the internet connection. If the internet connection is not a problem, you must proceed to the next step.
2. Change the Default Browser
Windows computer is set to default to the Microsoft Edge browser, and there can be some incompatibilities while using it. On the contrary, other browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera can also cause such Roblox Error. We highly suggest our readers use the Google Chrome browser as it is powerful and compatible for such purposes.
How to set Google Chrome as the default browser?
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your Windows computer and click on the three-dot menu.
- From the three-dot menu, click on the “settings” option.
- Scroll down and select “Google Chrome” as the default browser.
- Restart Roblox
This should possibly fix the Roblox Error 277 on your Windows computer. If the problem persists, it is better to check out the next solution.
3. Delete Roblox File logs using Run
Roblox saves file logs on a windows computer which contains information such as saved game state, settings, and other files. These files can sometimes interfere and cause errors in Roblox; the solution to this is deleting these file logs to ensure they do not cause problems. It is important to note that deleting Roblox file logs will remove all the settings and saved games.
Follow the below steps to delete Roblox file logs –
- Open the Run Window/Program on your Windows computer.
- Type the command ” %localappdata%\Roblox\logs “in the Run field and press enter.
- A new window will pop up with all the Roblox file logs. We need to permanently these files, which can be using the ctrl+A and then Shift+Delete shortcuts. The ctrl+A command will select all the Roblox files, and Shift+Delete will permanently delete these files.
- Reopen the Run Program on your Windows computer using the Win+R shortcut.
- Type the command, %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\
RbxLogs\ and hit enter.
- A new window will pop up with the other set of Roblox file logs, select all the files using the ctrl+A command, and permanently delete them using the shift+delete command.
4. Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
Compatibility mode is one of the windows features that check for errors and try to fix them. This feature is applicable and available for all software, including Roblox.
- Go to the Roblox application and right-click on it.
- From the right-click menu, click the “properties” option.
- In the properties box, look for “Compatibility” and make changes as per the operating system.
- We will use the compatibility mode for Windows 10 and then apply changes.
- You can also use the “Compatibility Troubleshooter” and then make the changes.
Restart Roblox, and it must fix the error code 277 on your windows pc. If this solution does not work for you, the next method shall fix the issue.
5. Roblox Repair/Utility Tool
The best way to fix Roblox Error Code 277 is to use Roblox Repair Tool and let the tool fix the error. There are several Roblox tools and extensions, but it is better to use the official utility tool. Here are the steps –
- Download and install the Roblox Repair Tool.
- Launch the Roblox utility tool and click on the scan now option.
- Wait till the scan completes. In this process, the tool checks for bugs, errors, and other issues causing Roblox Error Code 277.
- Once the error is noted, a proper fix is applied by the tool (automatic process).
- Restart your Windows PC and relaunch Roblox.
This should solve the Roblox Errors as the developers of Roblox officially manage the tool. If the error is new, you might want to wait till the developer create a patch for it.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several reasons why this error occurs on Windows PC. The error is related to the internet service, and it is recommended you have a better internet connection to avoid such an error.
Some of the viable fixes for Roblox 277 are: Using Roblox Repair Tool, Run in compatibility mode, delete logs, change the default browser, and troubleshoot internet connection.
The Error 277 on Roblox is the poor internet connection or disconnection error. Troubleshooting the internet connection and having better internet can help in solving this issue.
These are the simple and easiest ways to fix Roblox Error Code 277 on a Windows computer. It is important to follow the step by step guide and not to miss anything. If the problem persists, wait for some time till the developer prepares a patch for this error; you can then use the Roblox utility guide to fix the error.
You may also like,