YouTube is one of the biggest video platforms in the world; you can find a lot of educational, music, memes, and funny videos that you might want to save in the gallery of your android and iOS device. But sadly, YouTube doesn’t allow users to download and save the videos but it does allow you to save the video for offline viewing. This is only possible when the video creator has allowed downloading options. But hey, we are here to help you. In this guide, I will show you how to Download YouTube Videos using multiple YouTube video downloaders.
3 Ways to Download YouTube Videos
We do not encourage you to download copyrighted content in any form and reproduce it in order to make money or other purposes.
1. Y2Mate – YouTube Video Downloader and Converter to MP3
If you are looking for a YouTube downloader that can download HD quality videos on your Android and iPhone; this is the right place. Y2Mate is my go-to YouTube downloader that works best for me every single time.
You can download YouTube videos in HD and the highest quality possible; Additionally, you can also convert the YouTube video into MP3 and download it on your Android or iPhone.
But how to Download Youtube Videos using Y2Mate –
- The first step is to head to YouTube and copy the link of the video you wish to download.
- Now, open the browser on your Android or iPhone and go to Y2Mate.
- Paste the link in the white search box and hit the button “Start“; You may be redirected to an AD in the next tab. You can close the AD tab and hit the start button from the previous tab.
- Great, so far so good. Now, you can choose the highest quality of the video you want to download and click the “Download” button beside it.
- Your download should start automatically.
- If you wish to convert the file into MP3, click on the audio tab and download the MP3 version of the YouTube video.
Y2Mate is one of the best YouTube downloaders but you cannot download copyrighted content such as Music, and creator’s videos.
2. How to Download Video on YouTube for Offline Viewing?
Downloading videos is one of the latest features on YouTube allowing users to view videos offline(When they are not connected to the internet). But this feature doesn’t save the videos to the gallery on your Android or save videos on Photos on your iPhone. So, you cannot upload them on Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media.
- Open the YouTube app on your Android or iPhone Device.
- Search for your favorite video on YouTube.
- Now, you can find the “Download” button below the video and beside the “Share” button.
- Click on the Download button to start downloading YouTube videos.
- When you are not connected to the internet, navigate to the Library Section (Last) and you can find the Download Section. All the offline videos are saved here.
- Click on the Downloaded YouTube video to listen when you are not connected to the internet (Offline Video).
This process doesn’t require you to have any YouTube Downloader but it also doesn’t save the video to the gallery. If you are a music vibe just like me, this feature is great for you.
Though YouTube has the download button, it is not available on all the YouTube videos. This is because there is a lot of copyrighted content that the creators don’t want you to save and reproduce. Another reason for this could be YouTube being more secure and allowing the creators to choose if the videos should be allowed for download.
3. Screen Recorder
iPhone and Android (a few of them) have inbuilt screen recorders that allow you to record YouTube videos and save them to the gallery.
But do not use this method to save copyrighted content from YouTube.
Copyright is still valid no matter how you download YouTube videos and you may face the legal consequences for using the video or making money out of it.
The best practice is to avoid such copyrighted content and if you are still downloading such videos from YouTube then do not reproduce it and publish it online or make money out of it.
To Download YouTube videos on iPhone using Screen record method –
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Search your favorite video on YouTube and open it in landscape mode.
- Now, drag the control center from the bottom and click the record button.
- After three seconds, the recording will begin and you can stop the recording by clicking the same button or tapping on the red bar in the status bar.
- Your YouTube recording will be saved in Photos and you can later use the edit option to trim the non-useful part.
Bonus tip: Use the Do not disturb mode to avoid notifications while you are screen recording the YouTube video.
If you are an OnePlus user or having one of the android devices after 2019; you can find the in-built screen recorder on your android device.
- Open the YouTube app on your Android device.
- Select your favorite video to be download and open it in landscape mode.
- Now, drag the notification drawer and click on the screen recorder button.
- Your video will start recording; and once completed you can stop the recording by clicking on the same button.
PS: There are other methods to start and stop recording on different android devices.
- Your Youtube video is now downloaded and saved directly in the gallery. You can use video editing tools to trim unnecessary parts in the video.
These were the best methods to download YouTube videos on your Android and iPhone devices. Which methods work best for you? If you love using any other method, mention it in the comments and we will love reading them.
You may also read,