Engraving is one of the coolest ways to make your Apple devices stand out from others; you pay for them so why not you get your name on it? Apple devices are now available for engraving in India and worldwide. But how do you get them done? And most importantly, should you get them done?
How to get Devices Engraved from Apple?
Getting your Airpods and iPad engraved is much easier but they cannot be done on your old Apple devices. The only option to get your Apple device engraved is when you buy one from Apple and customise it before checkout. Moreover, Apple has a special section for Engraving and you can get your iPad and Airpods engraved before checking out.
Here are the steps to get iPad and Airpods Engraved –
- Open the Apple Engraving section on the Official website.
- Choose a device that you wish to buy and engraved.
- Great, Now click on the “Personalise them for free”. In my case, I have chosen the iPad as an example.
- Let us start engraving emojis and text on our iPad. Add some cool emoticons and your name or anything else. But remember, the characters are limited.
- Add the Engraved iPad to your shopping bag and checkout.
It was this easy to get your Apple devices engraved. But not all the Apple devices are available for engraving, you still cannot get iPhones and MacBooks engraved in India. So which are the devices available for engraving?
Devices Available for Engraving
Almost all the Apple devices are available for engraving but the most used iPhones and MacBooks are not yet available for these customizations.
Here is the list of devices available for Engraving in India –
- AirPods Pro
- iPad Pro
- Airpods (With Charging Case)
- iPad Air
- Airpods (Without Charging Case)
- Apple Pencil
- iPad Mini
- iPod Touch
Languages for Engraving your Apple Device
As of now, there are 8 languages in which you can engrave your iPad, Airpods, Apple pencil, and iPod Touch. But along with these, you can also engrave emoticons and make your devices look cooler.
Should you get your Apple Device Engraved?
There are pros and cons to everything you do and in this section, we are going to discuss if it is okay to get your devices engraved?
Getting your Apple device engraved have a lot of benefits, a few of them are –
- Personalized only for you.
- Easy to recognize when they are exchanged.
- Great for gifting your loved ones, Leaving a mark of your love and care.
- Engrave your Email and address to get it delivered when the device is lost.
- Great if it is distributed with your company name on it to your employees for work.
- Hard to resell, no one would want a device engraved with other’s name on it.
- Free Customization but may take a longer time for delivery.
- Limited character count doesn’t allow you to add more text to it.
- Reduces resell value.
- You may not see it as you may keep it in a case most of the time.
Conclusion – Should you get your Apple device engraved?
Getting your Apple device engraved is great if you are not planning to resell it. Who doesn’t like customizations? Additionally, when you add your contact details, it will be easier for people to deliver to you when you lose your device. You can also get your iPad engraved with a favorite quote that keeps your motivation alive. But, if you are planning to resell your iPad or other Apple devices, do not get them engraved. It will be harder to resell and will lose the reselling value.
You may also like,