People are getting serious about YouTube and we are glad that you have a YouTube channel. Congratulations!! But there is a common mistake we do as beginners, we don’t name our channel with the right name. It is only when there are a lot of subscribers and likes with videos getting viral we realize to give a good name. But we got your back, here is a simple guide on How to change the YouTube channel name on your Android, IOS, and PC devices.
How to Change YouTube Channel Name on Android?
If you are one who uses YouTube on a mobile device, it will be much easier for you to change your channel name. You don’t need a PC to complete the process and everything can be done through the YouTube mobile app.
Here is the guide,
- Open YouTube on your Android device.
- Tap on the user profile from the right-top.
- You can now find a list of menus that can help you make changes to your YouTube account.
- Tap on “Your Channel” and you will be navigated to your channel page.
- On the channel page, you can find a pencil edit icon just beside your channel name.
- Click on it to rename your YouTube channel.
- Once you are done, click on the Ok button and your Youtube channel name is now changed
You can also add other information such as description and change privacy settings. Changing your channel name using this technique will also change name on other Google services.
How to Rename YouTube channel using IOS device?
There is no much difference on how to rename YouTube channel on IOS device; you can change the channel name using these simple steps mentioned below –
- Open YouTube on your IOS device.
- Click on the user profile from the right-top.
- You can now find a list of menu options, click on “Your Channel“.
- Now, you get two options, Edit channel or Manage videos. We have to click on the Edit channel as we want to change the channel name.
- Now rename your channel, add a description, or tweak privacy settings.
- Click okay, and your channel name is now renamed.
Note: Renaming your channel name will also rename your account name on all the Google services. Instead, create a brand channel on YouTube and rename the channel name.
How to Change YouTube Channel name using PC?
You can rename your YouTube channel on your PC using the personal channel or brand channel. Changing the channel name of the personal channel will reflect changes in all the Google accounts. On the other hand, changing the name of your brand channel will only rename the channel name and not all the Google services.
Here is the step-by-step guide,
- Open Youtube on your PC.
- Click on the user profile from the right-top.
- Now, click on “Your Channel” and then click on “Customize Channel” to rename the YouTube channel.
- From the channel customization dashboard, click on Basic Info.
- You can find a pencil edit icon beside your channel name. Click on it to change the YouTube channel name.
- Once done, click on “Publish” to save the changes.
How to Change YouTube Channel Name using the Creators Studio?
You might be familiar with YouTube’s creator studio; this is the place where you customise your channel and have a dedicated dashboard to operate your YouTube channel.
If you wish to rename your YouTube channel using the creators studio, here is the guide –
- Open YouTube Creator’s Studio on your PC.
- Now, login with your YouTube credentials and you will be taken to a dedicated dashboard.
- On the left side menu, scroll down and select “Customization“.
- Now, select “Basic info” from the dashboard.
- You will now find an option to edit your channel name.
- Rename your YouTube channel and click on publish.
- Your YouTube channel name is now changed.
Final Words – Changing YouTube Channel Name
This is how easy it is to change the YouTube channel name using Android, IOS, and PC. I have also described how to rename the YouTube channel name using YouTube’s creator studio with a simple step-by-step guide. If you are facing any errors, let me know in the comment section. Changing YouTube channel name will be reflected on all your Google services.
Also read: How to Change Display Name on Gmail?
Frequently Asked Questions
You change your YouTube channel name for maximum of 3 times in 90 days period.
There are instances when you might not see your verified sign on the YouTube channel after renaming it. Don’t worry, you can write to YouTube and they will restore the verified sign.
If you want to change the YouTube channel name and not the Google name; you need to create a brand channel. Brand channels are independent channels on your YouTube account and you can change their name and privacy as per your wish. Also, it won’t be reflected on your other Google accounts.
If you have renamed your primary YouTube channel and not your brand channel; all other Google services such as Photos, Drive, and Gmail will display the same name.
It depends on the individual. In my opinion, Viral videos are known by their channel name and if you change it later, the non-subscriber audience will find it difficult to get back to your channel once again. If you are just starting out, you can always rename your YouTube channel name.
You may also like,