Suppose you are in tons of different Whatsapp groups of college, childhood friends, families, cousins, and many more. To shift to the signal app after the recent WhatsApp policy changes, you have come to the right guide. In this guide, we discuss how to move the WhatsApp group to the signal app using the group feature.
- How to Delete Large WhatsApp Media and Free Up Storage
- Anonymous Chat Apps: 12 Apps to Chat With Strangers
- 7 Best Offline Messaging Apps To Send Messages Without Internet
How to Move Whatsapp Group to Signal App
The first and foremost thing you need to do is download the signal app on your iPhone or Android device. You also need to create an account if you are new to signal and it is free to sign up.
Now that you have downloaded and created a free account on signal private messenger. We will shift all your WhatsApp group members to your Signal group.
- Create a group on your signal account.
- Fill in the information such as the Name of the group, description, and profile image.
- We have now created a signal group; we only need to add WhatsApp members.
- Open the signal group you just created.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the top-right corner of the name tab.
- Select “Group Settings” from the list.
- You can now edit group description, image, or group name.
- Scroll down and find “Group link,” click on it.
- Enable group link sharing and copy the link.
- Share the same link to your old WhatsApp group that you want to move on to the signal app.
- When clicked on the group link, new members will automatically be added to your newly created signal group.
Now that we have created a signal group link and shared it among the WhatsApp group members, other people with the link can also join the signal group.
To avoid this, you can enable the “Member requests” option to filter the members being added to the new signal group.
How to Enable Member Requests on your group in the Signal app?
A member request feature is a great option if you wish to filter newly added members to your signal group.
- Go to your Signal group.
- Click on the three-dot menu from the right-top.
- Now, click on the “Group settings” to make any changes related to the group, such as name, description, or image.
- Scroll down and click on “Group Link.”
- Just below the group link sharing, you can find the “member requests.”
- Enable the member request feature, and you are good to filter out unwanted people trying to join your signal group.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is simple and easy to create and use group chats on signals.
WhatsApp recently made some privacy changes that are not in favour of users. Besides, Elon Musk tweeted about the signal app making it one of the trending social media apps.
Click on the link sent by one group member to join the signal group or ask them to add you to the group directly.
You may also like,
- How to Download YouTube Videos on Android and iPhone
- 18 Instagram Tricks That You Should Know
- How to Find Snapchat User without Username or Phone Number?
Moving your WhatsApp group to the Signal group is easier. It only requires you to share the signal group link to your old WhatsApp group. Moreover, the member join requests avoid unwanted users with group links from being added to your signal group.