Snapchat was the most used app before Instagram made its position to the top; the Snapchat face filters, and disappearing messages are something people love using it for. So, if you are new to Snapchat, you are looking to add and make new friends. But how do you find them if you don’t have their username or number? This guide is all about finding a Snapchat user when you don’t have their username and number.
Also read: How to Add, Change and Remove Snapchat Cameos.
How to Find Snapchat User without Username or Phone Number
Finding a Snapchat user is quite a task, but there are three useful ways you can employ to find your closest ones on Snapchat. It does not involve bribing their closest friends to sneak out the Snapcode but a few tricks.
The most efficient one is to use the search box and hit the usernames; it works like magic. However, if the below three methods don’t work, you can ask it out to them; duh, that always works.
Snapchat is one of the best platforms to share moments with your long-distance friends. Additionally, you can choose not to save the chat and keep it fresh as always.
1. Find Snapchat User using Snapcode
Snapcode is one of the best ways to add friends when you don’t know their username or phone number.
This method is also helpful when you want to add friends on Snapchat but don’t want to share your phone number.
How to generate Snapcode?
- To generate your snapcode, navigate to your Snapchat profile.
- Now, click on the yellow Snapcode.
- You can see multiple options to share the snapcode; you can click on “Save to Gallery” to save the snapcode and share it on other platforms such as WhatsApp or other chat platforms.
How to add friends on Snapchat using Snapcode?
- Open your snap chat profile and click on “Add Friends“.
- Now, you can find a small Snapchat icon in the “Find Friends” search box, click on it.
- You can now see the gallery view of your photos, select the snapcode of the person you saved on your phone, and want to be friends with.
- Send them a friend request and wait until they accept it.
We use this method to share the Snapcode with my followers to add us on Snapchat, and we don’t need to share our phone numbers.
Also read: Best Instagram Photo Resizer Apps & Online Tools.
2. Nearby Friends
Snapchat was more incredible before Tinder. You can add a person on Snapchat without having their phone number or username using their nearby friends.
This feature uses your Geolocation and shows the users around you. So, if you are in a cafe and wants to be friends with someone you just saw passing by; Add them on Snapchat.
To use the Nearby Friends feature to add people to your Snapchat. Here is how to do so,
- Open “Snapchat” and go to your profile.
- Click on “Add Friends“.
- Scroll down and you can find a whole section of people nearby using Snapchat.
- Add them and start sharing snaps.
This is the best possible way to add Snapchat users when you don’t have their username or phone number. But this is only one-way snapping unless the other person accepts your request. If the other person has accepted your request, they can start sharing snaps with you too.
So, can you share a snap even if you are not friends?
Yes, you can share your snaps even if the other person has not accepted your request. But remember, the user can block if you send hidden snaps or the other person is not interested.
Also read: Best App Lock Apps For Android Device.
3. Search Box
Search Box is your last option to find a Snapchat user when you don’t have their username or phone number.
- Open Snapchat and click on the search icon the top left of the chat.
- Great, now type the name of the person you are looking for.
- Snapchat shows a dropdown list of people with the name you are looking for along with their usernames.
- If you find a match of the person you are looking for, send them a snap to let them know who you are and you want to be friends.
- In worst case, if there are people with same names and you cannot find out the person you are looking for; send each of them a snap asking if he/she is the one who you are looking for.
This method is a bit difficult but can help you find out the person you want to be friends with.
There is a bonus way to find out the person you are looking for.
[Bonus] Find a Snapchat User with Geo-Location + Nearby Friends
So, you must have tried all the above methods to find your friends on Snapchat, but nothing worked for you. Don’t worry; there is one last hope. Using the Geolocation to find a Snapchat friend is underrated or unknown to most people.
This method works only if your friend is a big-time Snapchat user and has allowed geolocation sharing.
That said so, here is how to find a Snapchat user using location
- Open Snapchat and click on the map icon on the bottom-left bar.
- Click on the most probable place your friends can be at, suppose, his/her house, favourite coffee place or any other place they visit frequently.
- Click on that place on the map to see all the public snaps.
- If you find something relatable to your friend, he/she must be there; go to that place and use the Nearby Friends feature.
- You can find your friend and then add him to your list.
This method works for finding friends who challenge you to discover their Snapchat and don’t share their snap code. If they don’t live nearby, you can use this trick and see them from their favourite place and add them.
Frequently Asked Questions [faqs]
It is pretty hard to find a Snapchat user with an email ID, but it can be done using third-party reverse internet search tools.
You can use the Snapchat Map to find a nearby user or users from a specific location. However, it comes with restrictions, such as you should know if the user has uploaded a public snap-in at that location.
You can use the Snapchat “Find Friends” from contacts, search box, or the location to find Snapchat users.
You may also like,
- How to Download Instagram Reels Video on Android and IOS?
- Instagram Action Blocked? What is it and How to Fix it?
- Facebook Not Loading? Here are the 9 Ways to Fix this Error
Conclusion | Find Snapchat User
It is this simple to find a Snapchat user if you don’t have their phone number or Snapcode. You can also use the location/nearby feature to find the Snapchat user you are looking for. We recommend always asking directly first; it always works that way.
Let us know if you have more questions about finding a Snapchat user in the comment section. Do subscribe to our Newsletter below and share these fantastic articles with your friends.