Snapchat was the most used app before Instagram made its position to the top; and the Snapchat face filters and disappearing messages are something people use it for. So, if you are new to Snapchat, you are definitely looking to add and make new friends. But how do you find them if you don’t have their username or number? This guide is all about how to find a Snapchat user when you don’t have their username and number.
Find Snapchat User –
- Snapchat Snapcode
- Nearby Friends
- Search Box
- Secret Method to find Snapchat users [Bonus]
1. Find Snapchat user using Snapcode
Snapcode is one of the best ways to add friends when you don’t know their username or phone number.
This method is also helpful when you want to add friends on Snapchat but don’t want to share your phone number.
How to generate Snapcode?
- To generate your snapcode, navigate to your Snapchat profile.
- Now, click on the Yellow Snapcode.
- You can see multiple options to share the snapcode; you can click on “Save to Gallery” to save the snapcode and share it on other platforms such as WhatsApp or other chat platforms.
How to add friends on Snapchat using Snapcode?
- Open your snap chat profile and click on “Add Friends”.
- Now, you can find a small Snapchat icon in the “Find Friends” search box, click on it.
- You can now see the gallery view of your photos, select the snapcode of the person you saved on your phone, and want to be friends with.
- You are now friends.
I use this method to share snapcode with my followers, so they can add me on Snapchat and I don’t need to share my phone number too.
2. Nearby Friends
Snapchat was more cooler before Tinder. Using the nearby friends, you can add a person on snapchat without having his/her phone number or username.
This feature uses your Geo-location and show the users around you. So, if you are in a cafe and wants to be friends with someone you just saw passing by; Add them on snapchat.
To use the Nearby Friends feature to add people on your snapchat. Here is how to do so,
- Open snapchat and go to your profile.
- Click on “Add Friends”.
- Scroll down and you can find a whole section of people nearby using snapchat.
- Add them and start sharing snaps.
This the best possible way to add snapchat users when you don’t have their username or phone number. But this is only one-way snapping unless the other person accepts your request. If the other person has accepted your request, they can start sharing snap with you too.
So, can you share the snap even if you are not friends?
Yes, you can share your snaps even if the other person has not accepted your request. But remember the user can block, if you send obscure snaps or the other person is not interested.
3. Search Box
Search Box is your last option to find a Snapchat user when you don’t have their username or phone number.
- Open Snapchat and click on the search icon the top left of the chat.
- Great, now type the name of the person you are looking for.
- Snapchat shows a dropdown list of people with the name you are looking for along with their usernames.
- If you find a match of the person you are looking for, send them a snap to let them know who you are and you want to be friends.
- In worst case, if there are people with same names and you cannot find out the person you are looking for; send each of them a snap asking if he/she is the one who you are looking for.
This method is a bit difficult but can help you find out the person you want to be friends with.
There is a bonus way to find out the person you are looking for.
[Bonus] Find a Snapchat User with Geo-Location + Nearby Friends
So, you must have tried all the above methods to find your friends on Snapchat but nothing worked for you. Don’t worry, there is one last hope. Using the Geo-Location to find a snapchat friend is totally underrated or unknown to most of the people.
This method works only if your friend is a big-time Snapchat user and has allowed geo-location sharing.
That said so, here is how to find a snapchat user using location
- Open Snapchat and click on the map icon on the bottom-left bar.
- Click on the most probable place your can friend can be. Suppose, his/her house, favourite coffee place or any other place they visit frequently.
- Click on that place on the map to see all the public snaps.
- If you find something relatable to your friend, he/she must be there. Go to that place and use the Nearby Friends feature.
- You can find your friend and then add him to your list.
This method works for finding friends who challenge you to find their Snapchat and don’t share their snapcode. If they don’t live nearby, you can use this trick and find them from their favorite place and add them.
You may also like,