Want to save some extra money on your Paramount Plus subscription with the student discount? Here is all you need to know.
- How much Does Paramount Plus Student Discount Save?
- How to Get Paramount Plus Student Discount?
- Don’t Have a Student ID? Don’t Worry
- Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Wrapping up: How to Get Paramount Plus Student Discount
Paramount Plus is one of the popular streaming platforms, and it costs around $5/mo or $50/year for the essential plan or $10/mo, and $100/year for the premium plan. But did you know you could save some dollars by availing of a student discount on your subscription? This handy guide is all about how much the Paramount Plus student discount save, how to get it, and how long you can keep it. So stick with us till the end.
How much Does Paramount Plus Student Discount Save?
Paramount+ offers two subscription plans: The essential plan and the premium plan. However, student discount is only applicable on the essential plan that offers video on demand from 40,000+ shows, movies, originals, NFL, CBS, and more.
After the student verification, students can get up to 25% discount on the essential plan, which almost saves them around $1.25 monthly and $12.5 in the yearly subscription, which is quite enough a save for your next tech product from our reviews section.
Student discount is not anything new to the subscription or the product world; tools like ExpressVPN and NordVPN, which are essential for your internet security and streaming, also offer you student discounts. With ExpressVPN, you get a chance to win $5000 in scholarships, and with NordVPN, you get approximately a 15% discount on valid student IDs all across the globe. That’s not all; at times, NordVPN also gives you almost 71% off with a free three-month subscription during festivals and offer seasons.
How to Get Paramount Plus Student Discount?
To avail of the Paramount Plus student discount, you should be enrolled as a student of an accredited Title IV higher education institution. If you have a valid student ID, you can subscribe to Paramount+ at paramountplus.com/account/edu/ website.
A few things to note:
- Paramount Plus is partnered with SheerID; when you apply for the student discount, Paramount Plus will check the student database on SheerID, and only if the data is available can you get the student discount.
- As far as I know, the Paramount Plus student discount is only available on the “Essential” plan and not the “Premium” plan.
- If you are an existing Paramount+ subscriber and want to avail of the student discount, you will have to cancel your subscription and subscribe again using the student sign-up page.
- The student discount plan is valid only for four years following the first subscription date using a student id. This is valid even if you graduate during this time. After the four-year period, you will be charged standard rates.
Signing up on Paramount Plus with a Student ID – No Coupon Required, Only a Valid Student ID
Here are the steps to subscribe to Paramount Plus with a student id, and yes, no additional coupon or offer code is required for this. You can directly sign up using the student account, and after the verification from SheerID, you are instantly given a discount.
Here are the steps to follow,
- Navigate to paramountplus.com/account/edu/ website using a laptop or mobile device.
- Here you can find an entire sign-up form to create your Paramount Plus as a student with relevant details such as name as per your student id, college/institution, date of birth, and more).
- Once the form is complete, SheerID will instantly check its database and check if the student id is valid. If yes, it will instantly take you to the billing page, and you can complete your subscription process.
- In certain cases, you might need to share some more relevant information, and Paramount Plus might ask you to upload a few more student documents.
Documents Required to Get Student Discount on Paramount+
Here are the student documents, among which one can be used to avail of the student discount on your Paramount Plus subscription,
- Current school id card with the expiration date
- School transcript
- Other school documents that display your first and last name, school name, and current date of enrollment.
It is important that any of the documents above showcases relevant and valid information such as your full name, school name, and date of enrollment. Besides, it is also important that your school is accredited and your information is available in the SheerID database, and only then will you be avail of the student discount on your Paramount Plus subscription.
How Long Does it Take for the SheerID to Verify your Information?
In some cases, you need to upload additional documents to get the student discount, and in such cases, SheerID takes approximately 30 minutes to verify the information (it can take longer at times), and you will be contacted through email.
However, if everything goes smoothly and you are not required to upload any documents, you can avail of the subscription almost instantly. And when you are navigated to the payments page, you can find the discounted price on your plans, and you can proceed easily like any other user but with discount perks.
If SheerID is unable to verify your student id, it can be likely due to a couple of reasons. Some of the prominent ones are,
- Your school is not accredited or does not classify as Title IV higher education
- SheerID does not have your school and student information database on their platform
- Your school does not qualify for a student discount as of now, but might later
Stream Paramount+ on Popular Devices,
Don’t Have a Student ID? Don’t Worry
If you don’t have a student id or your school does not accredit Title IV higher education, it is likely that you are unable to avail of the student discount on your Paramount+ subscription. However, you can still get a free trial on Paramount Plus and know the experience.
If you don’t wish to spend money on Paramount Plus, you need to cancel your subscription before the trial period ends, or you will be charged instantly. Besides, there isn’t any refund option when you cancel your subscription once you are charged, which is a little disappointing.
To sign up for the free trial, navigate to the paramountplus.com website and tap on the “Try for free” button from the upper right of your screen. Now, complete your subscription trial processes, such as choosing a subscription plan, account details, and more. Once done, you can use the free trial of your Paramount Plus subscription and avail most of the movies, shows, originals, and more from Paramount Plus and its sister channels from across the globe.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
If you are already a subscriber and want to avail of the student discount, you need to cancel your Paramount Plus subscription and apply with a new account on your student id.
Your school needs to be accredited to Title IV higher education, and your student details should be present on the independent verification service SheerID that can validate your details. If your student discount is denied, it is likely for these two reasons.
Before You Leave
Get Our Prime Content Delivered to your Inbox for Free!! Join the Ever-Growing Community… Right Now.
Give this article a quick share,
Wrapping up: How to Get Paramount Plus Student Discount
Paramount Plus student discount is an additional perk that can help students save some money on their entertainment. However, there are a few things to note, such as your school being accredited to title IV higher education and the SheerID verification. Once you sign up using the student discount on Paramount Plus, you can avail of it for four years despite you graduating from your school.
I hope to have helped you with everything you need to know about the student discount on the Paramount Plus platform. Let me know if you have any questions or views regarding this handy guide in the comment box. If you like this article, do give this a quick share on your social media handles and do tag us. Also, join our Telegram channel, Facebook page, and Twitter to never miss a quick update.