Want to delete an old address from your Amazon account? Here is the only tutorial you need.
- How to Delete an Address on Amazon using the App and Website?
- How to Change the Default Digital Purchases Address on Amazon?
- Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Wrapping up: Deleting an Amazon Address from your Account
If you have recently moved to a new place or have too many addresses on your Amazon account, you might place your order at the wrong shipping address. Be it Amazon Prime or normal delivery; you cannot change the address once you have placed the order. However, it is best to keep your Amazon address book clean with only the latest addresses where you wish to order your packages.
But how do you delete an old Amazon address from your account? Here is all you need to know.
Also read: How to Stream Amazon Prime Video on Discord?
How to Delete an Address on Amazon using the App and Website?
Old Amazon Addresses on your account can often confuse you while ordering your packages. It is best to delete the amazon addresses that you no longer need to avoid any kind of confusion while making your next purchase. However, deleting an amazon address is not restricted to the website version of Amazon, and you can do it with the help of the Amazon app on your Android or iPhone devices too.
How to Delete an Amazon Address using the Amazon Website?
Ensure you have your account credentials, a good internet connection, and a functional desktop or laptop to access your Amazon account. Before learning how to delete an address, know that you if accidentally delete a useful address, you cannot recover it again. However, you can always add the same address as a new address on your account for your next purchase or set it as default to avoid any changes.
Here is how to delete an address using the website,
- Open a suitable web browser, preferably Google Chrome or Safari, on your desktop or laptop
- Navigate to the Amazon website and log in to your Amazon account with a valid username and password
- On the top right of your screen, you can find your name with the Accounts and Lists option; tap on it
- Now, scroll down until you find the ordering and shopping preferences, and then tap on the “Your addresses” option
- You will now find the list of all Amazon addresses added to your account; look for the account that you wish to delete
- Once you have the Amazon account that you wish to delete, check under the card for the remove account option, as shown in the image below
- Confirm your removal by tapping on the “Yes” option and tapping on “No” if you change your mind
That’s it; once you remove the address from your Amazon account, you will no longer find it. However, if the address is used for digital purchases, you will first need to change the default address for it to remove the Amazon address from your account.
How to Delete an Amazon Address using the Amazon App?
If you wish to delete an address on Amazon using the app rather than the website, you can do that too. Most times, smartphones are quickly accessible, and firing up a laptop just to delete an address on Amazon can be a lot bigger process. In such a case, below are the steps that you can use to delete an address using the Amazon app.
Ensure you have a stable internet connection with an updated Amazon app on your device to ensure no issues while deleting an address.
Here is how to delete an address using the Amazon app,
- Open the Amazon app on your account and log in with your username and password
- Tap on the user/account icon from the right-bottom of your screen and tap on the “Your Account” option
- Under the Account Settings menu, you can find the “Your Addresses” option; tap on it
- You can now find a list of addresses added to your Amazon account; scroll down to find the one that you wish to delete
- On the address card, you can find the “Remove” button; tap on it to delete the address from your Amazon account
- You will now be shown a confirmation dialog box; tap on the “Yes” button to delete the address from your Amazon account
That’s it; this is how easy it is to delete an address from your Amazon account using the Amazon app. However, you will still be unable to delete an Amazon address if it is used for digital purchases. In such a case, you will first need to change the default digital purchase address and then repeat the process to delete the address.
How to Change the Default Digital Purchases Address on Amazon?
If the address that you wish to delete from your Amazon account is used for digital purchases such as Amazon Prime, you won’t be able to do it. For this, you will first need to change the default residential address to a new one and later repeat the process to delete the address.
Here is how you can change the default residential address for digital purchases on Amazon,
- Navigate to your Amazon address book using the Amazon website and tap on the “Remove account” button from the address card
- Now you can find the error for residential address for digital purchases with a link to change the default address
- You can now select a new address from the ones that are already added to your Amazon account or pen down a new address in the given field
- Once done, tap on the “Update” button to update the default residential address to a new address
- You can now delete the old amazon address using the digital purchases
Note: You cannot find the change default residential address link to work if you are in the wrong Amazon store.
Deleting Amazon address that uses digital purchases is one of the real drag for most users. However, this error is when you are in the wrong Amazon store. For instance, if you are from the United States, you must perform the above steps on the global Amazon website. Likewise, Amazon France or Amazon Canada, or Amazon India, depending on which region you are accessing Amazon from. This is especially when moving to a new country with older default residential addresses on the account.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Navigate to your account and then tap on the “Your Addresses” option under the Account Settings menu. Now, tap on the “Remove” button to delete the address from your Amazon app.
To delete the address of the digital purchase on Amazon, change the default residential address to a new one and then repeat the process. You can do it by following the set new default residential address link on the same error card.
You cannot change the Amazon address while the package is already out of the warehouse. However, you can cancel the order on Amazon and place a new order with the new address and delete the old one.
Before you leave
Get our prime content delivered to your inbox for free!! Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss an update from us.
Wrapping up: Deleting an Amazon Address from your Account
This is how simple it is to delete an address on Amazon, and you can do it using both the Amazon app and website. For users who are facing the error of deleting their digital purchase address, you can change the default address to a new one and then repeat the process.
We hope to have helped you with how to delete an address on Amazon in a straightforward and easier way. If you find it useful, do let us know in the comment section and subscribe to our newsletter. Do not miss out on our Telegram channel for much more exciting and crispier updates from us.